A leading destination carrier in the US was facing issues with the delayed time-to-market for their new offerings to the customers. They turned to Coforge to improve the quality and speed of releases of complex, business-critical applications. By leveraging our DevOps Framework and designing and implementing an automated pipeline for them, we not only helped reduce errors in the future application releases, but also cut the release cycle from weekly to daily and on-demand.
About the Client
The client is a leading destination carrier in the US. They leverage web and mobile platforms as distribution channels for their travel products and services.
The client had a manual process in place for Build-Deploy-Test for Mule, C#, and Drools using disintegrated toolsets. This resulted in a slow turnaround time due to dependency on resources to enable the software delivery process. It was taking weeks for changes being made available to users. The trifold objectives of the client were:
- Improving time-to-market of changes for the mobile platform
- Speeding up implementation of Mule APIs, C# applications, and Drools rules
- Optimizing processes and reducing dependency on resources
We leveraged our DevOps Framework and designed an automated pipeline for the technology stack.
The key features of the solution were:
- Assessed technology landscape for Mule, C#, and Drools
- Developed and Implemented automated flow to orchestrate integration from Dev to Ops
- Leveraged Coforge’ DevOps Framework and best practices
- Provided continuous visibility into the process with build, release, and test details for end-to-end traceability
The key business benefits delivered were:
- Enablement of integration of DevOps processes in each phase of the application lifecycle
- Automation end-to-end flow for moving application changes seamlessly from planning to production
- Agility and faster time-to-market for application functionality to customers
Delivering More Value
- More Productivity: Up to 80% improvement in the productivity of the resources.
- More Agility: Up to 70% reduction in cycle time with automation in build-deploy-test.
- More Efficiency: Reduction in time-to-market with more frequent and faster releases from weekly to daily and on-demand.