Our client is the world’s leading specialist in air transport communications and Information Technology (IT). Client works closely with every sector of the air transport community, innovating, developing and managing business solutions over the world’s most extensive network - one that forms the “communication backbone” of the global air transport industry. The client is the trendsetter in the industry and serves industry with innovative portfolio of products, services and infrastructure offerings.
The portfolio includes applications in the border management domain used by Governments of various countries. This involves acquiring large volumes of traveler data from airlines, risk assessment tools with integration to government databases and providing comprehensive metrics on border operations.
Coforge has been engaged in multiple large- scale agile development projects in the border management space since 2012. This involves scrum teams spanning across multiple geographic locations as well as multiple vendors.
- SDLC: Agile-Scrum, Onsite–offshore model, Agile - Kanban
- Knowledge repository: SVN, JIRA
- Project management tool: JIRA
- Communication frequency: Daily/weekly/monthly
- Frameworks and compliances: As per Client processes, SonarQube for code coverage, Klocworks for static code analysis, BlackDuck for open source compliance, WebInspect for web application security assessment.
- Cross-Functional Team comprising Business Analyst and Technical Architect located at Onsite to interact and elicit requirements from client- side and responsible for generating backlog by breaking down epics into features and stories in collaboration with offshore scrum team.
- Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment with daily nightly build through Jenkins and execution of automated regression suite
- Sprint Zero to focus on understanding the technical architecture and building the foundation before delivering the functionality
- Each sprint is of 2 weeks duration consisting of build and test, show and tell, backlog grooming for next iteration, etc.
- After 3-4 sprints, a formal Release is delivered to Testing Team as per agreed milestones for the project
- At the end of the development stage, final sprint to cover end–to-end system testing of the developed code followed by UAT, Release and Go Live activities
- Languages/Frameworks— Core Java, J2EE, Spring Core, MVC, Rest, client side scripting using java script, SQL, Apache Camel, Hibernate, JQuery
- Development Tools—Eclipse, Oracle SQL developer, Putty
- Quality Tools— SonarQube, Klocworks, BlackDuck
- SDLC Tools—Jira, Jenkins, SVN
- Database—Oracle 11g
Agile methodology used:
- Lead time: 6 weeks
- Sprint duration: 3 weeks
- Fixed price timeline-based story-points delivered
- Knowledge transfer to client: NA as Coforge maintains the application
- Adherence to:
- Organization goals for schedule (<3%slippage); Fixed price milestones-based deliveries
- Organization goals for effort (<5%slippage)
Coforge, as a development partner to our client, has successfully delivered several border management solutions to multiple governments (who are the end-customers). Coforge has been responsible for Development and Integration of many major components.
Some of the values delivered over past few years includes:
- Implementation of Spring ROO framework to auto- generate code for CRUD operations reduced the development time by 50%
- Deployment automation using Ansible scripts
- Took over project in RED from an incumbent vendor and delivered successfully
- Continuous focus on bringing down technical debt by enhancing code coverage and reducing SONAR and Klocworks violations.
- Conceptualized output-based pricing model for support and maintenance