The pandemic has made air travel painful for customers and difficult to manage for airport operators. Amid changing safety and health regulations, the client required a quick solution for generating passenger lists that can be integrated with several stakeholders. Coforge was able to quickly deliver a scheduler that fetches the relevant list of passengers, converts to the desired format, and is made easily accessible by the servers of the Ministry of Health, Singapore.
About the client
The client is a large airport operator in Singapore.
The global pandemic, with the risk of transmission, has been a potential threat to passenger health and security and impacts the customer brand. At the time, no solutions were available that could extract passenger lists and integrate them with the required format for the client’s client.
- A scheduler was created which ran a query at a certain interval
- It was created to fetch the list of passengers traveling from defined foreign airports, output the same in a specific format in a spool file and transfer it to another server accessible by the Ministry of Health, Singapore
- The initial requirement was based on a passenger list from defined countries who arrived in the last 14 days which was later changed to a list of airports
- The period of 14 days was made configurable so that it could be changed from 14 to 21 or any other figure
The initial requirement was to send the list of passengers, that have arrived in Singapore in the last 14 days from China, Macau, Hong Kong, or Italy via any direct or indirect flights, to the Ministry of Health (MOH).
Later, the countries were replaced by a list of locations (i.e., airports). The other parameters remained the same. However, the period of 14 days was made configurable so that it could be changed from 14 to 21 or any other figure.
As part of the solution, Coforge created a scheduler that ran a query at a certain interval to fetch the relevant list of passengers, output the same in a specific format in a spool file, and transferred the same to another server accessible by MOH.
Our system can identify the original port of departure if it is a single flight traveling from Beijing to Kuala Lumpur to Singapore.
Delivering more value
- Efficient access to data for recording and tracking purpose
- Helping the client take appropriate measures in case of a threat indication