End-to-end testing for a leading specialist in air transport communications and information technology
A leading specialist in air transport communications and information technology needed to improve its business efficiency, improve time to market, drive software quality, enable defect-free applications, and reduce costs. Coforge, with its unique transaction-based engagement model, delivered the required functional, non-functional, and automation testing services. Coforge enabled 70-80% automation of business-critical testing scenarios - helping the client reduce their testing costs up to 30%.
About the Client
The client is a world-leading specialist in air transport communications and information technology.
To improve testing times and efficiency, the client needed to:
- Test early, test often and automate early, and meet the delivery SLA
- Drive industry practices for agility, automation, standardization, efficiency improvement, and outcome-based billing model
- Drive better outcome by providing domain experienced QA resources, and meet SLAs 100%.
- The main objectives of the client were:
- Improve time to market
- Reduce cost
- Drive software quality and defect-free applications
Coforge has a unique transaction-based (test case creation and test case execution) engagement model for delivering functional, non-functional, and automation testing services. Our solution follows three tenets:
- Consistently delivering high quality by adopting a customer-centric testing approach
- Driving speed by accelerating the testing lifecycle
- Reducing cost through automation and optimization
The testing requests (functional, non-functional, or automation) are tracked from assignments to closure by a well-defined TSR (Testing Service Request) workflow defined in Microfocus ALM. Microfocus ALM is the centralized repository for testing requests, release cycle, test case planning, execution, and defect management. An enterprise framework, supporting Selenium, Appium, UFT, and SOAP UI, was utilized for in-sprint functional and regression scenario automation. The framework supports the BDD-driven approach. A well-defined non-functional testing approach was executed using tools, such as Microfocus Performance Center, JMeter, Web Inspect, and Acunetix. Effective sharing and collaboration were enabled by utilizing platforms like ALM, Jira, SharePoint, Microsoft Teams, and Skype for Business.
Delevering more Value
- Cost Savings: up to 30 % reduction in test execution costs
- Speed: 40% to 50% reduction of test cycle time
- Quality: No critical defects in UAT and production
- Reduced cost of rework: 50-70% defects contention within sprint by in-Sprint testing
- Automation: 70% to 80% automation of business-critical test scenarios & regression test cases. Multiple bulk test data management utilities were developed to reduce test data management time by 50%.
- Engagement Model: Evolved and matured from T&M to capacity based to transaction-based model with time and business need.
- Providing end-to-end testing services as per the client's defined plans and SLAs.
- Deploy domain experts/ resources involved in product implementation testing and business users training.
- Drive industry best practices, tools & techniques using innovation and improvement center (IIC) focusing on automation frameworks, new cognitive technologies like artificial intelligence and machine learning.
- Partnering with the client to achieve their business objective and needs by continuous feedback and improvement.