When infrastructure is the lifeblood of an organization, agility to keep pace with the customers and a changing market creates a competitive edge. A high-speed railway service partnered with us to connect their distributed offices through a network and to set up a Help Desk that could offer business-aligned user support. Our multi-lingual, multi-location Help Desk helped the client to deliver more value in the form of faster resolution of issues—freeing employees to focus on business that mattered.
About the Client
A high-speed railway service, the client is a dominant operator in cross-channel intercity passenger travel between UK, France, and Belgium via the channel tunnel. It was the official train carrier for the 2012 London Olympics and links over 100 destinations across Europe.
The client was aggressive about providing timely support to their constantly increasing customer base. With a large customer base, there was immense pressure to manage increased traffic load on their website using the existing Wide Area Network (WAN). A legacy infrastructure environment, and distributed data centers and data rooms worsened the situation. The operational costs of existing infrastructure were spiraling as the client was not able to align the SLAs with their business needs.
To overcome these challenges, the client needed a system integrator with exceptional track record of delivering complex IT solutions for the leading clients across the globe.
The client partnered with us to:
- Gear up its infrastructure for the 2012 London Olympics
- Connect various distributed offices and stations through an enhanced WAN
- Set up a multi-lingual, multi-location Help Desk to address issues of incident management in a streamlined and user-friendly manner
We drew up a plan for creating an integrated infrastructure. Our team played a key role in evaluating and providing the necessary infrastructure support services—service desk , desktop services, data center services, server services, network S, in-station, and equipment services. In addition, we designed and set up a data center as well as provided network and security technologies support. Upon bringing up the IT infrastructure, we also created a Help Desk to resolve any application-related issues.
We were responsible for meeting end-to-end SLAs for operations, managing third-party contracts, performing infrastructure testing and end-user computing, and devising a transformation program for the ageing systems. Our team collaborated with the client to rollout Windows 7, application virtualization projects, and automated packaging technology. Further, we provided tools for service management and monitoring to ensure optimal performance, continuity, and efficiency of the existing infrastructure.
Delivering More Value
The integrated infrastructure, based on continuous service improvement strategies, has helped the client achieve better business results including:
- More Accessibility: We ensured higher availability of business systems.
- More Efficiency: We improved the response time of business-critical applications. With the implementation of our integrated infrastructure, the client reduced the number of people involved in managing and monitoring the systems.
- More Satisfaction: The integrated system enhanced the experience of its end users. The SLAs of service delivery were met—building the foundation for a win-win relationship.
- More Savings: We reduced the overall operational costs of the infrastructure.
The Coforge Advantage
Our end-to-end automation platform, extensive experience in handling infrastructure-related services, and know-how have helped our client enhance productivity and improve the quality of service—assuring revenue growth.