The client’s IT services were poorly maintained by the incumbent service provider. The incumbent had not implemented effective Service Management functions. Processes were loosely defined with unclear roles and responsibilities. Lack of mature Service Management practices led to volatile environment with poor service availability, frequent service failures, and uncontrolled changes. This resulted into unhappy business users and customer dissatisfaction from IT services. Coforge designed and implemented integrated Service Management framework in line with the ITIL best practices and practical needs of the business. This has resulted into improved service delivery and customer satisfaction.
About the Client
A government-approved regulatory and competition authority for the UK communications industry. Employees, by nature of the work they undertake, are a demanding user community, mostly requiring VIP levels of service from an IT provider.
- IT infrastructure had been poorly maintained with many systems n-2 to n-10 in some areas without vendor support
- Ineffective IT Service Management function with many tools and processes operating in silos
- No attention to end-user experience
- Immature processes and manual activities resulting in productivity and revenue loss
- Insignificant dashboards unable to provide end-to-end visibility and performance of IT services
- SLAs were impacted due to unclear roles and responsibilities, lack of ownership, and disjointed set of tools
Coforge quickly recognized the needs of end-users and developed persona-based services focused on exceeding user requirements. Coforge designed and implemented an integrated Service Management function based on the ITIL v3 framework along with appropriate governance functions (weekly/monthly/quarterly/annual interactions).
The following activities were performed:
- A dedicated Service Delivery Manager was appointed as a primary day-to day point of contact retaining overall ownership of successful end-to-end service delivery
- Implemented Service Management Office (SMO) comprising specialists supporting from our delivery centers
- SMO facilitated the management of ITSM process execution, operational governance, and performance, including comprehensive KPI reporting
- Undertook a hypercare approach with elevated support for dissatisfied users
- Implemented a continual service improvement plan across business functions to bring services up to the desired level
- Integrated Vistara as our ITSM CMDB incorporating alerting/monitoring/incident and service request management along with workflows to speed up approval processes and management of third-party suppliers.
Delivering More Value
- Major Incidents got reduced from 18 per month to 8. Incidents went down by 10% annually, with 90% logged as P4
- Service Requests up by 30% inception till date
- 70% tickets logged by channels other than phone
- Hypercare process for dissatisfied users significantly improved the IT service reputation with business users, resulting in good CSAT scores and client satisfaction metrics, including feedback from the CIO
- Instant visibility through Coforge’s unified SLA dashboard
- Unified IT platform with consistent end-to-end visibility and single CMDB across all IT
- Coforge's processes and automation framework built in as part of the standard offering ensured thought leadership and best-practice adoption
The Coforge Advantage
Coforge's proven Service Management approach is based on ITIL best practices, matured over the years from the learnings of the work we have done for our customers across the globe. With our IPs and Accelerators, we help our customer jump start their ITSM journey and quickly realize business benefits.