Implementing Fiserv Signature core banking system’s two main annual releases and interim point releases needs the capabilities of an enabler who can ensure its smooth performance in the existing platform. The client, keen to carry out periodic upgrades, turned to us to for our ability to provide effortless upgrades. We planned, upgraded, and implemented the Fiserv Signature version 12.2 for the client in accordance with regulatory and mandatory standard changes—delivering high value.
About the Client
A Wisconsin-based regional bank, the client provides retail, commercial banking, commercial real-estate lending, private client and specialized financial services. They have over 4,300 employees and more than USD 27 billion in assets as of 2014.
The client used Fiserv Signature core banking system for their retail and commercial banking business in the US. However, given the number of version changes in a year, the client had three clear mandates. First, the client wanted to periodically upgrade its core banking system to handle the changing regulatory compliance along with the changes in the requirements and needs of their customers. Two, they wanted a partner that could periodically enhance the system, ensure quality assurance on fixes, and administer full production support, leaving their team to focus on strategic activities. Three, they wanted separate Data Marts and the integration of the Actimize AML solution. Coforge delivered on all three mandates leveraging their expert services ranging from quality defect fixes to production support and enhancements
We examined the business situation and performed a detailed analysis to structure a comprehensive plan for Fiserv Signature version upgrade. This helped us customize and upgrade the client’s core banking system from version 9 to 12.2. A holistic solution was also designed to integrate the system with DataMart and Actimize AML solution. The upgraded system worked well with the bank’s loan, time, transaction, and other subsystems fulfilling the business rules of banking and lending products. Our team was available 24x7 to provide additional support in setting up a configuration for general ledger accounts.
Fiserv Signature Core Subsystems
We followed a four-pronged strategy to upgrade the existing system which:
- Used end-to-end transition methodology across Fiserv core banking subsystems and business processes for smooth transition
- Leveraged deep expertise in:
- Supporting and enhancing the core banking system’s subsystems and interfaces
- Providing process workflow knowledge of the product
- Used flexible and predictable engagement and pricing models to scale resources up and down as needed
- Deployed QA consulting and Testing Center of Excellence (TCoE) models: All testing activities were consolidated using our QA strategy, freeing up resources for strategic transformation and innovation
Delivering More Value
Our client successfully upgraded to Fiserve version 12.2 without adversely impacting their subsystems
- More Savings: We reduced maintenance and enhancements costs by up to 35% and upgrade support along with customization, enhancements, and functionality addition costs by 30%. The test cycle time was also reduced by 25%
- More Efficiency: The response time to major business process changes reduced by 35%. With 24X7 support, critical defects were also reduced from the production environment.
The Coforge Advantage
The upgraded banking system was successfully deployed with the help of our in-house expertise and subject matter experts. Its deployment across the enterprise supported the continuous business improvement while driving improved competitiveness philosophy of the client.