The customer has maintained security services in-house. The customer decided to outsource end-to-end NOC & SOC services to Coforge post value propositions shown through various visits, demos and visit to Coforge's other client engagements.
About the Client
The client is a global provider of investment processing, investment management, and investment operations solutions, headquartered in United States.Through its subsidiaries and partnerships in which the company has significant interests, customer manages, advises or administers $1 trillion in hedge funds, private equity, mutual funds and pooled or separately managed assets.
The customer was running his security operations in-house. They had developed a homegrown SIEM solution for security monitoring of the environment. The customer has various subsidiaries and workforce spread across the globe. This lead to a requirement of 24x7x365 security operations for improved security visibility and response time. In the current capacity, customer didn’t had the resources to upscale its operations. Customer was looking for a vendor who can perform quick transition of service and resource allocation.
Coforge provided a solution to the customer to provide a smooth transition of services with quick upscaling of its resources for operations. The approach is described below.
- Transition of services utilizing Coforge SIMP’s established best practices enabling quick knowledge transition.
- Alignment with customer’s security policies and frameworks.
- Conducting workshops with the customer to identify gaps, redefine processes and consulting customer on the industry best practices.
- Quick deployment of qualified resources in a planned manner.
Delivering more value:
- Service transition in 1 month.
- Operation went live in a total 45 days.
- Reduction in customer ticket count by 5% based on rule optimizations.
- Proposed delivery model with a scale-up option.
The Coforge Advantage
Coforge’s proven transition methodology based on industry best practices helped in onboarding the services within one month. Coforge’s skilled resources not only supported the custom developed SIEM solution but also helped the customer in optimizing uses cases, which helped in reducing false positives and ticket count.Coforge also helped the customer in re-defining cybersecurity processes and policies to help them align with industry standards.