When a leading US-based limousine service provider needed to build a truly digital business, we laid the groundwork with application rationalization, and shaped a holistic digital outlook—spanning varied markets, channels, and technologies. With new ideas, we enabled the client to effectively leverage digital distribution channels. The transformation based on our roadmap has delivered more value—by driving potential double-digit revenue growth over three years.
About the Client
A leading US-based limousine service provider in the US, the client is a pioneer in chauffeured services with a network that spans more than 550 cities in 60 countries.
The client was faced with two clear mandates. One, rationalize their application portfolio to achieve greater business-IT alignment and rein in the rising costs of supporting diverse, disparate, and even obsolete applications. Two, embrace digital technologies in a significant way in order to consistently deliver premium experiences to its tech-savvy customers, gain a competitive edge, open up new sales channels, and transform their business. Coforge was the right partner to deliver on both the mandates based on demonstrated success with digital transformation projects in the travel industry.
The client partnered with us to:
- Identify opportunities to transform their business as part of a digital transformation initiative
- Evaluate their application portfolio for future-readiness and arrive at ways to improve operational efficiency with an application rationalization and a gap analysis exercise
The Coforge team approached this crucial exercise in three transformation phases: organization transformation, governance transformation, and process transformation. Starting with a current state analysis, Coforge was able to identify key changes required across processes and channels, in addition to prioritizing business changes that were needed to accelerate the transformation. Our IT assessment was focused on helping the client bridge the gap between their business architecture and IT architecture. The result was a comprehensive roadmap with strategies for adopting technology solutions as well as project execution, based on the analysis of the client’s business environment and industry best practices.
Delivering More Value
Our solution aligned with latest industry trends and streamlined the IT management process, while enabling better customer experience. The benefits for the client included:
- More Efficiency: We improved utilization of the core team by freeing up 33% of resources for strategic projects and introduced agile methodologies for future IT projects, leading to better solutions developed in a defined time period.
- More Savings: While the solution reduced development and maintenance costs by more than 20%, the IT roadmap suggested led to cost benefits of nearly 30%. We also enabled a shift to online booking channels, which will be increased by four times over the next three years. This will substantially reduce help desk costs.
- More Revenue: The client is poised to gain one-third of the global agent market based on integration with a leading agent application. Double-digit revenue growth is also expected to be achieved in the next three years owing to digital transformation.
- More Customer Delight: We defined a detailed digital strategy roadmap focused on providing premier customer service experience by leveraging new touchpoints such as mobile devices and iPads.
The Coforge Advantage
The client was able to leverage our digital services’ Center of Competence team in addition to benefiting from our extensive domain and technical expertise. This combination resulted in a more holistic and integrated approach to the digital transformation. We also helped the client change their distribution strategy to digital channels to ensure that they reach more agents and corporates.