One of the Global Airlines carrier had a growth challenge ahead of it. In order to ride the wave of anticipated growth, it embarked on a digital automation and real-time analytics journey. As part of this digital transformation, it also wanted to increase revenue, reduce costs, improve customer experience, and improve its operational KPIs.
Backed by our experience in deploying digital automation programs with real-time analytics for many airlines, we:
- Integrated operational data with real-time analytics on a single decision platform that serviced the customer, departure control, booking and ticketing, flight operations, and inventory functions. In turn, the enhanced data was made available to web services and customer apps.
- Improved time-to-market for introducing customized new features such as those for waiving fees for seat selection done by VIP and Platinum members on direct as well as indirect channels such as GDS.
- Delivered queue automation to resolve ticketing issues in an automated manner on Sabre IX by adding/removing SSRs, or changing coupon status etc.
- Ensured auto-identification of issues such as disassociated adult tickets, XETI booking and out-of-sync bookings while firming them on Sabre IX to preclude manual intervention.
- Increased cargo revenues by plugging the communication gap between cargo off-load and CCC notification.
Working closely with the client’s digital automation leader, we gave good momentum to push the airline to a higher orbit of effectiveness. The solution on Sabre IX platform improved time-to-market of key features, reduced cost through automation, as well as improved customer experience. Revenue was increased by transforming functions of sales, customer services, backend operations, airport operations, cargo handling, catering, departure control, and flight operations while keeping close tabs on their performance through timely customer surveys.
Reduced time-to-market of new business features and initiatives by 80%
Increase in auto-fixing of customer IROPs contact details for an enhanced customer experience
Real-time automation of business processes saved 20 full time equivalents (FTEs).