The key objective of the client was to on-board a vendor who would provide 24x7x365 SOC services in a dedicated delivery model.
About the Client
The client is a Dubai-based largest airline and flag carrier of the United Arab Emirates. It is also the largest airline in the Middle East, operating over 3,600 flights per week from Dubai International Airport, to more than 150 cities (in 80 countries across 6 continents) through its fleet of nearly 300 aircrafts.
The customer and its partner were looking for a vendor to provide 24x7x365 security support services. The customer had a variety of security technologies for which they wanted the vendor to provide operations support through a dedicated Security Operations Center. The customer did not have the required skilled resources to support their vast landscape on a 24x7x365 basis. Lack of a defined process and readily available information made the security operations more challenging in already troubled operations.
Partnering with the customer, Coforge successfully helped in transforming the security operations for the customer and facilitated implementation of key initiatives to improve the audit and compliance ratings. Coforge’s solution included the following:
- Helped the customer in standardizing its environment by driving initiatives with the aim to bring uniformity in the tool landscape and enhance security
- Defined security SOPs and run books for the customer for BAU; also helped in creating a centralized SOP repository
- Transitioned the services in 2 months with complete understanding of customer’s environment, policies, and processes; during transition, identified various challenges in the environment and helped in implementing key security initiatives to address the challenges
- Helped the client in implementing technologies to automate repeatable processes
- Implemented ITIL v3-based IT Service Management & Quality Assurance
- Provided a secure environment by providing CyberSecurity services on a 24x7 basis through a dedicated Security Operations Center
- Centralized L2 & L3 CyberSecurity services that were previously non-existent and provided support on 21 different technologies
Delivering More Value
- Defined 90 SOPs and delivered 15 run books for the customer
- Reviewed 207,146 PCIDSS compliance rules and removed 45,000+ redundant rules in 2 months with zero downtime
- Migrated 30,000 users to new MFA and 80+ locations to new VPN with zero incidents
- Implemented key initiatives to increase audit ratings
The Coforge Advantage
Coforge’s experience in delivering SOC services to its global clients and defined frameworks helped in streamlining the customer’s security processes and delivered a great experience to them. Coforge’s expertise helped in identifying problem areas and provided successful resolution with zero downtime.